9 Tips You Must Know Before You Get Prescription Lenses after you eye exam
perhaps you got little confuse with doctors lens prescription after you eye exam. Here are few tips, to guild you ;
- The use of lenses are based on the prescription and as well differs eyeglasses.
There are symbols to be observed on contact lens; the PWR represent refractive Power function, BC for Base Curve, OS means Oculus Sinister (the left eye) and OD means Oculus Dexter ( the right eye ). ADD for Add Power, Color for the color of the contact lenses, CYL for Cylinder, DIA for Diameter, AXS for Axis, and Band name of the lens.
2. Contact lenses and eyeglasses are different and so as their prescriptions.
Beware that contact lenses are not the same , it comes in different glass lenses with different users prescription. The contact lenses should laid directly on the surface of your eyeball and the eyeglasses should be worn at 12 millimeters away from eyes. Nevertheless, these should be depends on physician prescription.
3. You should check extra information and specifications can also be found in lenses prescription.
Additional information which includes the expiration date, the lens material and brand, diameter and base curve shouldn’t be ignored. More time you might need them for references
4. You should know your status, either nearsighted or farsighted.
Its important you know your status. The A plus sign SPH indicate you are farsighted and the A minus indicate you are nearsighted with the trouble of seeing anything far from you.
5. Know your status regarding single or multi focal vision.
Check ADD column of your doctor prescription perhaps the doctor added a number, this indicate he will be designing lenses to correct refractive errors for far, near and intermediate.
6. Check out for astigmatism symbols.
Check on your doctors prescription if you have S x C x Axis. The C (cylinder) serve as the determinant for astigmatism alongside may contain a number, It’s either in negative or positive. Note: The more serious detected astigmatism, the higher the number.
7. From age 45 and above, check out information in the ADD column.
From age 45 above, its much likely for you to have variation in distance and reading. Check the ADD column for more information on how much correction needed for well focus in close distance.
8. Check out for the number to help you with double vision or headaches.
Check at PRISM column if figures are found there, this indicate that you correction with double vision and headaches. Otherwise if no figures, you are not suffering from these symptoms.
9. How to know the strength of your required prescription lenses.
To find the strength of your lens, locate it in the figure SPH (sphere) column. This is determine depending on either long sighted or near sighted. The higher the numbers, the stronger the prescription lenses. Always give special attention to your eye